Thursday, November 6, 2008

The day of half sandwiches

I've had a good day and a half since I last updated. I went out with my friend Hilary last night and had a great time. Although I said the restaurant listed some calorie contents -- they changed the menu! I had the chicken-hummus wrap. It was loaded with veggies. I ate only half. It had a star next to it indicating it was a healthy choice so I hope it was.

Today was an odd food day. I started with a non-fat, no whip mocha from Starbucks (tall - 160 cals). I had a breakfast meeting which usually means pastries. I ended up wth half a whole wheat bagel with full fat cream cheese. The bagel was huge, so I'm guess the half bagel was about 300 calories? I also had a bunch of grapes.

Lunch was also a work thing. They brought sandwiches in and I chose the one that looked like it had no mayo. It was chicken breast & avocado on white. I'm hoping it wasn't too bad. Again, I had just half & had some side veggies. I skipped the dips and dressing-laden salads, but did have a tiny square of iced brownie. OMG - so good!

Dinner was the second half of last night's chicken-hummus wrap. Still Yummy. It didn't fill me up though and I ate two hundred calorie snack packs. The plan was to have a yogurt, oh well.

Now that I've written it all out, it doesn't look so great. I'm going to look on the bright side though -- it was a way better day than I would have done a few months ago!

Anyway, I'm actually not looking forward to tomorrow. I have a huge presentation to give and am quite nervous -- wish me luck!

No comments: