Monday, January 5, 2009

Bored, Boring, Bore

So today was supposed to be back to normal. I want my routine back. I was so bored at work (which is so rare). It's not that I don't have anything to do, it was just quiet. I guess everyone was catching up on emails and stuff.

I should preface what I'm about to admit be saying that I work a fairly flexible job (in terms of hours). I pretty much always put in my 40hrs or more a week, but I can work from home & more or less set my own hours. We just need to be available - especially between 10 & 3. So today...I left at 3.

I went to the gym and did just 30 minutes on the Elliptical. I don't know why it seemed so hard. Maybe it was the friggin FOOD network that is always playing. They were making cookies!

So I came home and watched tv. Oprah was great. She talked a lot about why she has gained weight back again. She came across very honest. I also watched last night's Desperate Housewives. All in all a boring evening and it's only 7:30. The rest of the week should be better.

So, onto the details...

Breakfast:
Activia Vanilla Yogurt
1 tbsp walnuts
1 banana

Snack:
1 Apple
1 Cheesestring (I have to eat these every day as the expiry date is approaching

Lunch:
Blue Menu Veggie Lasagna

Snack:
Carrot Cake Clif Bar. My s-i-l and I went on a US road trip in November and picked up a ton of these. Now, I should mention she's extremely active. She runs a lot, plays squash, b-ball etc. So, I probably didn't need any, but I thought they'd be good "emergency" food. This wasn't an emergency, but I though it would fuel me up (from the previously mentioned boredom and in prep for the gym). Anyway, I'd give the carrot cake flavour a 5/10. It tasted better when I ate it, but the more I think about it, the less I like it -- I'm weird, I know.


Dinner:
Same as yesterday (leftovers). This time I had my rice, corn and chicken mixed up in a bowl -- I know how to shake things up!!



Snack 275 calories of junk. And it's only 7:45pm.

Grand Total: Just over 1600
Burnt at the Gym: 400

Hope you are all well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they had the Food Network playing...at the gym. But sometimes I watch it while I'm on the treadmill, lol.

My word verification is "jabbl." I thought that was funny.

Crystal said...

Hey Angie, the bagles I get are the Stonemill brand. The bag is grey, yellow, red and brown. The name of the bagels I get are the Muesli Bagels, Swiss Energy Breakfast. The bagels also have Omega 3 in them. I've only seen them at the Loblaws Superstore by Scarborough Town Centre.

I hope that helps.