Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend recap

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of blogging - busy weekend. Well, busy, and I lost my camera cord (again) and didn't want to post without pics.

Let's start with Friday:
It was an exercise-free day sadly, but after Thursday's night with my trainer, I didn't feel too guilty. I should have though. After a crzy work day, complete with a stressful meeting in the office of a CIO in an important organization (customer), I had a birthday celebration. First, per the bday girls request, we saw "Bride Wars". I had very low expectations and it was way better than I thought it would be - take from that what you will :-)

I was good - I didn;t eat or drink anything and didn't miss it. But... by the time we got to the house of the friend who was making dinner, I was starved. Dinner was pasta with bechamel sauce (although it was made with 1% milk, eggs & flour - no cream). There was a veggie or meat and cheese option so I had veggie (skipping the dressing soaked salad). Here's a pic (I ate 3/4):

Dessert was not surprisingly cake, but with a twist:



I had a small piece of both:


Saturday:
Saturday I was back to tracking and had a great day. In the morning I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the eliptical. Killer. I had an awesome post-workout snack/lunch. It doesn;t look like much, but it was actually filling and took a while to eat (I need more things like that).

I ate about 1700 calories total for Staurday which I was happy with.

Sunday:
Planning to repeat Saturday's success, I had my oatmeal and headed to the gym. I added some squats and crunches to the 45 minutes on the eliptical. I came back and had a less healthy version of yesterday's lunch:

I went to a friends for the afternoon to help entertain her kids while she had all new applances delivered. I was there way longer than planned. Even with a few snacks here and there, I was famished when I got home. I had a reduced fat lasagne, followed by hot chocolate and Chips Ahoy Sensations.
I ended up at abut 2000 caloris which was more than I intended :-(

Anyway, I hope everyone else had a great weekend (go team ANGIE - I'll have a BLBE update later in the week)!

No comments: