Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gaining It - but Happy New Year anyway :-)

Happy New Year!

I hate to start the year on a low note, but t serves me right. I took the month of December "off", I can't even explain what started it, but once I stop counting calories, I go crazy. Basically, I viewed December as a chance to eat anything and everything I wanted. I can't even imagine it, but I've gained 15 pounds in less than 6 weeks.

Today I weigh 230.5.

I don't even know if last nights calories have caught up with me. I'm embarrassed and annoyed with myself.

I've read a couple of blogs this morning and people are listing their accomplishments (health wise) of 2008. I don't really have any except I know I can lose weight. I just need to figure out how to avoid getting into a cycle. I'm re-committing to this blog as I at least feel obligated to report to you what's been happening.

So the plan for 2009: calorie count and exercise. I'm not going to do a low calories thing, just what worked before - around 1700. I went shopping yesterday to prepare for re-starting and have loads of healthy foods in the house.

When you read this blog on January 1 2010, I hope you see it more as an inspiration rather than yet some other sad girl losing the battle.

Anyway, I'm off to have breakfast and then hopefully it's nice enough to go for walk. I also have to clean my house and wrap presents for the final holiday gathering tomorrow night.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I'll post frequently in the next few days.

Oh - and my one commenter (?) back in November asked me to enable RSS feeds or something like that. If anyone knows how to do that let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When you read this blog on January 1 2010, I hope you see it more as an inspiration rather than yet some other sad girl losing the battle."

You're not losing the battle, because you're still in the game! You haven't lost until you give up. You're back on the right track now, and you know what to do. Drink a lot of water...I would be surprised if some of that isn't water weight.