Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A great day on one hand...

Hi,




So like many people, I spent a good chunk of time today watching Obama. I've grown up in a very political household. My dad and brother especially are into all things political. It was strange late this morning when around my office I suddenly heard people logging on to watch the live streaming of the festivities. Pretty amazing how a bunch of Canadians are touched by the magnitude of what Obama represents.




The day started with a modification of my usual oatmeal. I took only 1/4 cup of oats, almost 1/2 water, 1/2 a banana, 1 tbsp of light hot chocolate mix and 1 tbsp of chopped walnuts and cooked them up. It was filling even though it was half of the amount of oats I normally have.






Snack was a cheesestring.




Lunch: Oy...I wanted to go home (partly to watch the inauguration). I should have planned better. I ended up dipping into my "emergency stash" at work and had a Peanut Butter Crunch Clif Bar.




When I finally mad it home around 3 I was starving. I had a fat free pudding cup (Butterscotch) with the other half of my banana from breakfast. This morning I cut it into thin slices and put them on a tray (single layer), covered them with wax paper and froze them. So good mixed in with the pudding.




At 5, I had an early dinner -- I needed fuel for my workout. I fried an egg in a non-stick pan, toasted a multi-grain bagel and added some low fat cheese. It was yummy (even though a very angry customer called partway through my enjoying it).




My workout was intense. Twenty minutes on the Elliptical then 30 minutes of hell with the trainer. My legs are going to be sore tomorrow.




When I came home I had a decent snack. An apple (Fugi -- it went brown as I was cutting it which was a little annoying), another cheesestring (I wanted a little protein and these expire today) and some Preaventia cookies.
Has anyone tried these cookies? They are dark chocolate and oats with prebiotics and red wine extract. So good -- although they are 150 calories for 8 little hearts.




I should have stopped there. I was right at my limit (1550 calories). It was only 8 though and I knew I'd get in trouble. I didn't take photos, but I did eat about 370 calories more of junk (read: dark chocolate). I'm glad I stayed under 2000. I think I do need more on workout days, but I should have planned better. Oh well...tomorrow s a new day.

No comments: